Tue Sep. 24
Thu Sep. 26
Tue Oct. 1
Sat Oct. 5Shelby County "Free Dump Day" | City Hall Roll-off Dumpsters Please use the designated area where the dumpsters are located to deposit items intended to go to the Shelby County Landfill.
Sun Oct. 6Alabaster | Jazz in the Park It's that time again! Jazz in the Park is back on Sunday, October 6! Bring your blankets, your coolers, your lawn chairs and all your cool friends. FOOD TRUCKS on site for your dinner and dessert needs.
Mon Oct. 7
The Albert L. Scott Library Board has five members which are appointed by the Alabaster city Council to staggered four year terms.
View the Albert L. Scott Library Board Summary (PDF)
Summary of Duties
- The Library Board shall have full power and authority to:
- Control the expenditure of all funds received or appropriated for such library.
- Erect or rent buildings to cost not in excess of funds available to it.
- Purchase books and equipment.
- Provide a system of library service to be made easily available to all citizens of the county or municipality through central library, branches, stations, book truck service or other appropriate means.
- Elect a librarian and other employees.
- Manage and control the said library in order to carry out the full intent and purpose of this chapter.
- A careful and complete record and set of books shall be kept by the library board, showing the proceedings of their several meetings and the receipts and disbursements in detail of all funds.
Section 11-90-1 through 11-90-4, Code of Alabama 1975, as amended.
Albert L. Scott Library
For more information on the Albert L. Scott library and its’ services, please visit the Library page.