Mon Mar. 26
Fri Mar. 30
Sat Apr. 7Clean Sweep | Volunteer Litter Group Pickup Day #1 Groups will be assigned locations and time slots for clean up duties. This will help us to provide the safest environment.
Mon Apr. 9
Tue Apr. 10Veteran's Legal Clinic The only requirements are that: You are a Veterans of the United States Armed Forces. You cannot afford an attorney and your income demonstrates that.
Sat Apr. 14Alabaster Clean Sweep | E-Recycling / Destruction & Paper Shredding Event The entire month of April the City of Alabaster supports our annual Clean Sweep Program to keep our city beautiful. We work with Shred-it to provide our citizens a safe and secure method of destroying hard drives, media and other confidential materials.
The Albert L. Scott Library Board has five members which are appointed by the Alabaster city Council to staggered four year terms.
View the Albert L. Scott Library Board Summary (PDF)
Summary of Duties
- The Library Board shall have full power and authority to:
- Control the expenditure of all funds received or appropriated for such library.
- Erect or rent buildings to cost not in excess of funds available to it.
- Purchase books and equipment.
- Provide a system of library service to be made easily available to all citizens of the county or municipality through central library, branches, stations, book truck service or other appropriate means.
- Elect a librarian and other employees.
- Manage and control the said library in order to carry out the full intent and purpose of this chapter.
- A careful and complete record and set of books shall be kept by the library board, showing the proceedings of their several meetings and the receipts and disbursements in detail of all funds.
Section 11-90-1 through 11-90-4, Code of Alabama 1975, as amended.
Albert L. Scott Library
For more information on the Albert L. Scott library and its’ services, please visit the Library page.