Fri Jul. 20 - Sun Jul. 222018 Sales Tax Holiday The City of Alabaster will be participating in Alabama's 13th annual sales tax holiday, beginning Friday, July 20, 2018 at 12:01 am and ending Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 12 midnight. This gives shoppers the opportunity to purchase certain school supplies, computers and clothing free of state and local (Alabaster) sales tax.
Sat Jul. 21
Mon Jul. 23
Fri Jul. 274th Friday Event Series Food trucks, inflatables, gaming trucks, arts, vendors, music and fun for the whole family! See you there!
Sat Jul. 28
Sat Aug. 4
The Albert L. Scott Library Board has five members which are appointed by the Alabaster city Council to staggered four year terms.
View the Albert L. Scott Library Board Summary (PDF)
Summary of Duties
- The Library Board shall have full power and authority to:
- Control the expenditure of all funds received or appropriated for such library.
- Erect or rent buildings to cost not in excess of funds available to it.
- Purchase books and equipment.
- Provide a system of library service to be made easily available to all citizens of the county or municipality through central library, branches, stations, book truck service or other appropriate means.
- Elect a librarian and other employees.
- Manage and control the said library in order to carry out the full intent and purpose of this chapter.
- A careful and complete record and set of books shall be kept by the library board, showing the proceedings of their several meetings and the receipts and disbursements in detail of all funds.
Section 11-90-1 through 11-90-4, Code of Alabama 1975, as amended.
Albert L. Scott Library
For more information on the Albert L. Scott library and its’ services, please visit the Library page.