Bob FitzgeraldTerm Expires: November 2016
Mark HarwoodTerm Expires: November 2016
Nancy HicksTerm Expires: October 2020
Judy MoselyTerm Expires: October 2020
Myles OwensTerm Expires: September 2017
Tue Apr. 25
Sat Apr. 29Alabaster "Clean Sweep" Litter Pick-Up Day | 5th Annual Event All groups will need an at least one adult leader/sponsor. Volunteers will need to have signed waivers turned in to participate and they will all receive an " Alabaster Clean Sweep " T-shirt. The city provides fluorescent vests, gloves, and trash bags, as well as an Alabaster Police escort for protection from road traffic. The pre-order deadline for T -shirts is in mid-March - we try to accommodate everyone's t-shirt size request and we always want to make sure there are extras too....
Mon May 8
Mon May 22
Mon May 29
Mon Jun. 12
The Albert L. Scott Library Board has five members which are appointed by the Alabaster city Council to staggered four year terms.
View the Albert L. Scott Library Board Summary (PDF)
Summary of Duties
- The Library Board shall have full power and authority to:
- Control the expenditure of all funds received or appropriated for such library.
- Erect or rent buildings to cost not in excess of funds available to it.
- Purchase books and equipment.
- Provide a system of library service to be made easily available to all citizens of the county or municipality through central library, branches, stations, book truck service or other appropriate means.
- Elect a librarian and other employees.
- Manage and control the said library in order to carry out the full intent and purpose of this chapter.
- A careful and complete record and set of books shall be kept by the library board, showing the proceedings of their several meetings and the receipts and disbursements in detail of all funds.
Section 11-90-1 through 11-90-4, Code of Alabama 1975, as amended.
Albert L. Scott Library
For more information on the Albert L. Scott library and its’ services, please visit the Library page.