The Alabaster Fire Department is a full-time career fire department serving the City of Alabaster. Established in 1952, the department operates out of three firehouses and provides:
- Advanced life support emergency medical care
- Fire suppression services
- Technical rescue services
- A wide variety of community risk reduction programs
Personnel & Divisions
Alabaster Fire Department operates with 64 personnel within three divisions:
- Training Division
- The Training Division consists of our Chief of Training and Staff Lieutenant. This division seeks to prepare, educate, and improve each member of the department. This is accomplished with structured training plans that encompass Physical Fitness, Fire, EMS, Haz-Mat, Special Response, and Professional Development.
- Office of the Fire Marshal
- The Office of the Fire Marshal focuses on community risk reduction, including code enforcement, inspections, fire investigations, plans review, and public education.
Through the hard work of our members and the unwavering support of Mayor Scott Brakefield and the Alabaster City Council, the Alabaster Fire Department was awarded with an ISO Public Protection Classification Class 2 rating in 2020.