Planning & Zoning Commission
Upcoming Meeting Agenda's
Previous Meeting's Minutes
The Alabaster Planning and Zoning Commission has 9 members with staggered six-year terms:
- One appointment is a council member selected by the City Council
- One appointment is the Mayor or his/her designee
- One appointment is an administrative official of the municipality chosen by the Mayor
- Six appointments are made by the Mayor
The statute authorizing this commission's authority provides different terms for certain members in Class 1 cities and in cities with a population of 175,000 to 275,000.
Meeting Schedules with Filing Deadlines
General Duties and Powers
- To provide planning, zoning and subdivision controls for the municipality.
- In general, the commission shall have such powers as may be necessary to enable it to fulfill its functions, promote municipal planning or carry out the purposes of Chapter 52, Code of Alabama 1975, as amended.
- The Commission shall have the power to promote public interest in and understanding of the master plan and to that end may public and distribute copies of the plan or of any report and may employ such other means of publicity and education as it may determine.
- Member of the Commission, when duly authorized by the Commission, may attend municipal planning conferences or meetings of municipal planning institutes or hearings upon pending municipal planning legislation, and the commission may, by resolution, spread upon its minutes, pay the reasonable traveling expenses incident to such attendance.
Section 11-52-1, et seq, Code of Alabama 1975, as amended.
Mike AllenPlace 1
Calvin RumphPlace 2
Tommy RyalsPlace 3
Alan TannerPlace 4
Larry CrawleyPlace 5
Terrill LanePlace 6
Brian BinzerMayor's Designee
Thomas LambAdministrative Official
Kerri Pate *City Council Member
* Members appointed on June 8, 2016 to complete terms are listed with an asterisk (*) after their name.