The City of Alabaster is providing guidelines to its stormwater planning, design and construction policies and practices to improve their effectiveness in creating development and capital projects that are more "sustainable" and cost effective. Many of the current policies and practices were developed many years ago.
The overall project goal is to complete a comprehensive assessment of stormwater management policies and practices and revise appropriate documents to provide an integrated, "watershed wise" approach that is technically sound, cost effective and practical to implement, resulting in more "sustainable" stormwater systems.
Please refer to the following links about Alabaster and our Stormwater Management Plan:
Alabama Department of Environmental Management | Construction General Permit
Conserve Alabama | Erosion and Sediment Control
Alabama Low Impact Development Handbook
Pesticide, Herbicide and Fertilizer Citizen Guide
Spills, Illicit Discharges and Improper Disposals
It is also a goal of this project to create an open, responsive process that allows all interested parties to participate through appropriate levels of commitment and to adequately exchange information about the project. Please feel free to contribute to the completion of this project through participation in our stakeholder meetings, public meetings or by membership in an "issue group".
If you have performed or witnessed an illicit discharge, improper disposal or erosion control BMP failure, please CLICK HERE to use our Report a Concern system.
- Alabaster Annual Report 2019 (PDF)
- 2019 Alabaster Stormwater Management Program Plan (PDF)
- Ord 08-004 Land Disturbance Ordinance (PDF)
- Ordinance 181001-075 Stormwater Management Post Construction (PDF)
- Ordinance 181001-074 Stormwater Management Illicit Discharge (PDF)
- Subdivision and Development Regulations (PDF)
- XXX ALS000011 117 10-30-2015 FPER MSS CITY OF ALABASTER FINAL MS4 PHASE I PERMIT (PDF)